right click protection

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Project Mom {week3} "music time"

Some of you may know that my first career was teaching music in the public school systems of Massachusetts. I sing, play the piano, dabble on the guitar and a few other instruments... but one of my first loves has always been the piano. When I found out I was pregnant with my little guy, I made it a priority to get an actual acoustic piano in the house (aside from the electric keyboard that I had been using for portability and convenience) because I wanted my son to grow up experiencing the sound and feel of a real piano.

When my Sam was born, I began using music and the piano as a means of soothing him from day one. I would hold my sweet boy with one hand and play with the other while singing to him. As my little guy has been growing and is now able to hold up his own head, we are really able to jam out together! :) Sam loooooves to sing... really. We make piano time together a daily habit. It has been such an amazing experience to hear him howl and hoooo as I sing to him... and I have joyfully shed many tears listening to my son sing back to me :) What a precious gift it has been to share music with my amazing boy!

I wanted to capture my son's love for music time. In the image below, my husband is actually the one holding him. I'll talk about my camera settings and post processing under each image...

This image was shot with my wide angle once again at 20mm, f3.2 and iso 800 (yes I have been pushing my iso limits on these very dark rainy days!) The ONLY thing I did post process was convert to black and white, adjust the curves, and boost the contrast a tad. There were no eye or skin enhancements... my kid is just that cute :)

18mm, 1/25, iso 400... post processing is the same as above... Love love love those precious little fingers...

20mm f3.2 iso 800 ... look at that little hand on the keys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment