right click protection

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Project Mom {week ??} Baby Meets Grass

So... Its has been a little while since my last project mom. I have been soooo busy editing weddings and newborn shoots for clients! As you can see I've put a question mark in the title of this post where the week number would normally go... hahahahaha...

So here we are, at the end of May having some BEAUtiful weather. I decided that I needed to take my little guy outside finally and see what he thinks of the grass! He didn't love it of course, but stayed calm enough for me to snap a few shots before he raised his hands in request for me to remove him from the prickly green stuff.

What have I learned from this quick set up? Lighting lighting lighting! This is something I have really been working on since we've been doing so many outside shots for recent weddings... my photographer partner has been such a master at positioning people just in the right spots to avoid shadows and direct sun. This is what I tried to do with my little guy in the shots below. These were snapped in a very bright yard, so we looked for the shadiest area and positioned him away from the direct sun. I still got some shadows, but I'm overall not too disappointed with the results given the location and fussy baby. :)

Gosh he is getting so big... isn't he just so darn cute?? I love the last shot... its as if he is looking on in disgust at the grass that is disturbing him! Ha!!


No comments:

Post a Comment