right click protection

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Project Mom {week6} "To B&W or Not?"

I'm excited to say that I have made it to week 6 and have only missed posting one week of project mom! So... that would be 6 out of 7 right? Not too shabby for a full time momma working a photog business on the side!

This week, while editing, I realized that I am more hesitant to black and white an image while creating a set for a client. I'm not entirely sure why, but I usually prefer something with bold colors than a B&W.... and if we are being honest, I sometimes feel as though photogs (including myself) B&W an image to hide unfocused faces, a bad white balance, or noisy picture.... shhh don't tell!

I follow many other photogs, one of which does about 40 % of her post processing in B&W... and I absolutely adore her work! So this week, I decided to post process the same images in both color and B&W. There is something really sweet about each image and I almost feel as though the color tells a different story then the B&W. Perhaps I'll let me readers be the judge.

So if I were going to enlarge these, should I choose color or black and white???
...and of course you need to tell me why! :)

The other thing I learned? ALWAYS check ALL of your camera settings before shooting... even when dealing with squirmy babies! My ISO was set to 800 needlesly for these shots and I unfortunately had to deal with a greater amount of grain in the post processing... Guess I'll just have to dress my little guy up again and drag him down to mommy's studio for more play time to try some more guitar shots this week... surely he will grow up loving my camera! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment